Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Painted Bird Cage





I found this metal bird cage at a garage sale a few months ago, and it's been sitting 
in my garage waiting for a coat of paint ever since.  A couple of days ago I was checking 
out the mis-tinted paint at Home Depot and found a great eggshell blue color.  
For only $2, it was perfect for this job (and many more)! 

My daughter was kind enough to help with the painting, and I think it turned out great! We just did one coat, so some of the green/black shows through in the cracks, but I kind of like it that way.  
After drying overnight, it is now sitting on top of my piano music, hopefully deterring my son from throwing it everywhere. :)


After seeing how it turned out, I decided to try out this color on some old earrings. 
I love how they turned out!




No comments:

Post a Comment