Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Table Runners





I found the idea for a burlap table runner online, and decided to try it out. I made this one for my mother-in-law for mother's day this year.  It was really easy, I just bought some burlap fabric from JoAnn's and cut it into strips. The longest part of the project was weaving.  I pinned the ends of each short piece as I went, so it would stay together as I moved to the next.  To finish it off I sewed around the whole edge with red thread.  Easy and cute!


For the felt table runner, I used a bowl and a lid to create circles down a length of felt.  Before cutting it out, I ironed on some fusible web so it wouldn't require any sewing to attach to the yellow felt.  After cutting out each strip of circles, I ironed them to the edges of yellow felt.  I was initially planning on leaving yellow edges on the runner, but didn't like how it looked. So I trimmed the edges along the brown circles and there you have it!  This table runner was really easy to make as well, although I think I prefer the more casual look of the burlap one.

No comments:

Post a Comment